Complete and continue
Planning Your Successful Distilling Business
Things to know before you start the course
Glossary of Terms
Module 1: Introduction and Course Overview
Introduction to Module 1 (1:18)
1. About the Course
2. What's in the Course?
3. Introduction to The Distillers Institute and the Course
4. Top Five Things for New Distillers to Think About
5. A Quick Overview of Planning a Distillery
6. So Where to From Here?
Module 2: Product Definitions
Introduction to Module 2 (1:15)
1. Death and Taxes. And Spirits.
2. A Brief History of Australian Distilling
3. How Many Australian Distilleries are There?
4. Is Now The Right Time?
5. What Products are Currently Being Made in Australian Distilleries?
6. White Spirits
7. Legal Definitions
8. Aged Spirits
Module 3: Research
Introduction to Module 3 (1:15)
1. Why Research is Fundamental
2. Why Will Consumers Buy your Product?
3. How Will I Sell My Product? And How Much Should I Make?
4. Research is The Key
5. Your spirits community
6. A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats
7. Getting Ready to Make The Next Step
Module 4: The Economics of Producing Spirit and Successfully Getting Product Sales
Introduction to Module 4 (1:27)
1. Your Why - Hobby or Investment.
2. What Will This Module Help You Plan?
3. The End - How a Business is Valued on Exit.
4. The Two Traditional Valuation Methods.
5. What about The Valuation of Listed Companies?
6. The Premium Valuation Method - Eaten by a Big Fish.
7. The Crowdfunding Valuation Method.
8. Transitioning From a Day Job to Your Distillery.
9. What Scale Will Your Distillery Be?
10. How Do You Intend to Sell Your Product and to Whom?
11. Gross Profit by Sales Channel
12. Choose your Channel Mix Wisely
13. How to Build Numbers That are Right for You.
14. What’s Next and What Do I Need to Think About?
Module 5: Know your numbers.
Introduction to Module 5 (1:27)
1. How Much Investment or Capital Will You Need?
2. Funding Your Growth - Where to Access Capital
3. Managing Your Cash Flow
4. Your Wage and What You Should Pay Others in the Business
5. Your Advanced Business Financial Model
Module 6: Nailing the Business Plan
Introduction to Module 6 (1:05)
1. Introduction - What is the Business Plan?
2. The strategy and team executing it
3. Marketing and its Role in the Business Plan
4. The final parts of your business plan
5. Timeline to Full Production
Module 7: Are you in or are you out?
Introduction to Module 7 (1:12)
1. What a Milestone
2. What’s Ahead on the Journey?
3. Assessing Your Achievements to Date
4. Putting Your Plans Into Action
5. Are You Committed?
6. Using What You’ve Learnt to Complete Your ATO “Application for a Licence to Manufacture Excisable Products” Form
What’s in the Next Course?
21 May 2020 Brian Bedding from Twenty Twenty Distillery (48:07)
18 June 2020 Seppeltsfield Road Distillers with Jon and Nicole Durdin (56:48)
23 July 2020 Cam and Suzy Brett - Spring Bay Distillery (63:17)
20 August 2020 Rob Auld - Auld Distillery (46:27)
17 September 2020 Kathleen Davies - NIP of Courage, Distribution & Wholesaling (72:10)
29 October 2020 Mark Kolodziej - Stillsmiths, stills (60:38)
29 October 2020 Mark Kolodziej - Stillsmiths, stills
Lecture content locked
If you're already enrolled,
you'll need to login
Enroll in Course to Unlock